Get your supporters voting!
The People's Choice Award is a great opportunity for you to drum up a bit of social media activity around your brand. It's also a great way to get supporters on board and have a bit of fun with those involved in your business, your customers and your community.
Even if your business is very new, or maybe not able to compete in other categories for some reason, the People's Choice Award still gives you an opportunity to gain recognition for getting to where you are (you do still need to meet the eligibility criteria here).|
There are lots of things you can do to get more votes. Here are just some ideas:
- Get your entry in early - the more time people have to vote, the more votes you are likely to get.
- Write your People's Choice entry with the voter in mind. The entry form tells you which sections the public will see - leverage them to talk directly to those who might vote for you. Remember, voters will be members of the pubic as well as your own supporters.
- Bear in mind some voters will never have heard of you or your business. Make sure your entry doesn't assume they already know anything about you.
- Get voters emotionally involved in your story. Help them feel a connection to you!
- Ask for their vote - don't just hope they will click a button or a link.
- Provide potential voters with a link directly to your People's Choice entry (not the page where they have to find you among all the other entrants). We will send you this link once your entry is submitted in full.
- Harness the power of social media to get as many people voting for you as possible. Create posts and share them, and ask your followers to share them again (and so on).
- A series of posts can build a lot of momentum. What can you do to trigger this? A tip every day about your industry with a reminder to vote at the bottom? A countdown of sorts? Just remember you can't offer an incentive or prize in exchange for votes.
- Try to "tell your story" before adding a call to action.
- Put a "Vote for me" request with your link in your email signature.
- Put a "Vote for me" request with your link in your newsletter.
- If you're going to be at a market or you have a shop or other contact with customers, make a QR code and display it to make voting super easy.
- Ask people in person to vote for you.
- You can ask people more than once to vote for you. The best way to do this is to space your requests over several months and reword them every time so it looks fresh. Adding things like "Only 10 days keft to vote for us ..." is additional incentive for them to get on and do it now.
- Don't just use your business networks. Friends and family are great supporters too!